Thursday, October 1, 2009

In Santa Barbara for now....

Hi everyone!!! I hope all is well!

Well guys, I missed Europe so much that I have decided to go back. I leave in a couple of weeks to go to Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic for a month. The main purpose of the excursion is to be in Berlin on November 9th to witness the 20th anniversary celebrations of the fall of the wall. Over a one hundred thousand people are expected in that little platz in front of the Brandenburg Gate alone, and I will be one of them. But other than planning an extensive trip, this summer has been all about working two jobs and applying for a couple of internships in Washington DC which is where I hope to be by next May. Until then, I will continue to be working at the Fess Parker Double Tree Resort (a Westmont favorite) and nannying. So yes, brief story of my life. :-)

You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Love, Holly

My memory (to continue Kelsey's trend): Tiger Tiger.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so signing in isn't working for me so I will just leave a very long comment for my update. :) This is Amanda and I am back home in good ole' Red Bluff which is located in northern california, aka the middle of nowhere. So I am still working at the Job Training Center. It is a local non-profit organization. I love the staff and get to do something different every day, so life is good. I celebrated my one year anniversary here about a month ago.
    Well, I guess the biggest news from my life lately is that I just bought a house. If you glance at my facebook pictures you can see all of the progress, but it was built in 2005 and I got a great deal on it because it was a short sale. It has needed a little tlc because the past owners have just had renters in it since it was built... but it is getting there. I repainted the entire interior, got the carpets cleaned, ripped out and replaced the front flower bed, and have done lots of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! My stuff is finally almost organized and i have pictures up on the walls. I am renting one of my rooms (3bdrm, 2bth) to one of my best friends from high school and his girl friend, so they are almost moved in now too. It has been a long process, but it has been totally worth it.
    So, the advantage of living in the middle of nowhere is that I am a really good stopping point for those of you who would like to travel somewhere (like say to Seattle to visit Diane or something along those lines). So if you are ever travelign through and need a place to stay dont hesitate to call. :) miss you all and hope life is treating you well.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete